Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Commision Project #1!

I am living out my idea from the previous post. My first painting will be a classic gray Arabian with bay foal runny through the grass. The photo I am working from is old-looking because it is a little fuzzy, and the client wants the painting for her mom. I am thinking of using complimentary colors red and green with a vintage feel with a twist of newness. I like the idea of the fuzziness, but I think I will seclude that to the background only, as well as using neutral tones there. In the horses, I am going to pull the most exciting reds and greens. The mother will be a grayed green, but not to crazy, because I don't want to shock them, and the baby will be red. Even though green represents new life, I feel that red is also symbolic of this: blood flowing, heat, vibrancy, excitement.
I was originally very concerned about tweaking the colors, but I am sure this is what will be the best, and if they have a problem with it, I will keep it and make a new one!
I will upload pix as I get my ideas together.

No comments:

Post a Comment